Quarantine Digest Reports
What They Are & What You Can Do with Them
A Quarantine Digest Report looks similar to the one :
The Quarantine Report displays email(s) that have been quarantined because of a security rule that is in place. These rules are put in place to restrict certain file types or suspicious content that often contain malicious links, malware, etc.
It is possible that emails may be accidentally put into the quarantine area, however, they can be released/whitelisted from the quarantine reports. (Note this can only be done if the email is marked as SPAM, if it is marked as VIRUS you will need administrator approval to release the email)
Here is a breakdown of the information shown and the actions a user can take from the Quarantine Report:
- Actions – This is where users can either Request Release, Release, Preview, or Delete a quarantined email.
- Request Release – Emails that appear to contain a virus can only be released by an administrator to ensure protection. If a user believes an email has been accidentally marked as VIRUS they can request their administrator release the email using this link.
- Release – If a user believes an email has been accidentally marked as SPAM they can release the email using this link, this should be done with caution.
- Preview – This allows users to preview the message safely so that they can confirm if the email is actually SPAM or was quarantined by accident.
- Date – Shows the date and time the email was sent to the user.
- From – The display name and email address that the email is being sent from, these can both be spoofed so all messages should be previewed to ensure they are not SPAM before they are released.
- Subject – The subject of the quarantined email
- Content – Reason why the email was quarantined
- SPAM – The email contained hit rules usually associated with spam emails, email newsletters often fall into this category.
- VIRUS – The email contains a potentially malicious attachment or link that leads to a known phishing/dangerous website.
If a user chooses to Release an email, their My Quarantine will open in their browser where they can Whitelist Sender Address or Whitelist Sender Domain to prevent emails from this address or domain from being quarantined in the future.
If a user chooses to Preview an email, a safe version of the email will be displayed in the user’s browser. From this page they are able to Release, Release/Whitelist Sender, Release/Whitelist Domain, Delete, Delete/Blacklist Sender, Delete/Blacklist Domain.
- Release – The email will be un-quarantined and sent to the user’s inbox.
- Release/Whitelist Sender – The email will be un-quarantined, sent to the user’s inbox and emails from the sender’s email address will not be quarantined in the future.
- Release/Whitelist Domain – The email will be un-quarantined, sent to the user’s inbox and emails from the sender’s domain will not be quarantined in the future.
- Delete – The email will be deleted.
- Delete/Blacklist Sender – The email will be deleted and emails from the sender’s email address will be blocked in the future.
- Delete/Blacklist Domain – The email will be deleted and emails from the sender’s domain will be blocked in the future.
If you recieve spam that was not quarantined please send the email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can then fingerprint the email and prevent anyone receiving the same thing.